- 1 ready-to-use Nilla Wafer crust
- 2 boxes (3.4 oz each) coconut instant pudding
- 2 cups half & half milk
- 1 bar (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip
- toated coconut for garnish
- In a bowl, combine the dry pudding mix powder with the half & half. Stir with a wire whisk until completely combined and creamy. Let it sit for a few minutes so it can thicken up. Evenly spread 1 1/2 cups of the mixture into the prepared pie crust (this is the 1st layer). Set aside the remaining.
- In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar and beat with a handheld blender until combined. Fold in the Cool Whip and stir, using a spatula, until completely combined. Add half of this mixture to the remaining banana pudding mix. Stir together until combined and add to the pie crust (as the 2nd layer).
- Spread the remaining cream cheese mixture on top (for the 3rd layer). Cover with the enclosed lid and let refrigerate for at least 8 hours, but preferably overnight.
- When ready to serve make the toasted coconut and sprinkle on top of the pie. Heat oven to 325 degrees. Spread 1 cup (or however much you want) of shredded sweetened coconut on a cookie sheet and bake for 4 minutes, stir the coconut around, and bake for another 4 minutes or so until the coconut is browned and toasted. Watch it carefully!