3 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 stick softened butter
2 c granulated sugar
4 large eggs, added one at a time
1 tsp real vanilla
2 c sour cream
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 c chopped walnuts
1/2 c granulated sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare a tube pan by buttering it and dusting it with flour.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
4. Cream together butter and sugar until well mixed.
5. Add one egg at a time mixing as you go.
6. Add vanilla and mix.
7. In a medium bowl, mix together sour cream and baking soda.
8. Alternate adding the flour mixture…
9. Then the sour cream mixture mixing well in between until all wet and dry ingredients are mixed in.
10. In a small bowl, mix the chopped walnuts, sugar, and cinnamon.
11. Spread about two-thirds of the cake batter in the prepared tube pan.
12. Sprinkle half of the walnut mixture on top of the batter.
13. Spread the remaining cake batter on top of the walnut mixture.
14. Add the rest of the walnut mixture on top of the batter. Bake on the center shelf of the oven for one hour. Check it with a toothpick. If it comes out clean it’s done; if it needs a little more time try 5 mins.
15. Cool on a rack in the pan for 15 minutes.
16. It’s coated with sugar so it’s tricky to take out of the pan without messing up the countertop. Use a cookie sheet or large plate to turn it out. Then cool slightly and turn it over again onto the large plate for storing or serving.