These chocolate rice krispie balls make for the perfect sweet treat or snack for family and friends. They are really easy to make will bring back memories of eating those delicious chocolate-covered party snacks as a kid.
If you are often baking cookies or other homemade snacks and putting them into storage for later, and you want to try something different. The chocolate rice krispie balls make the perfect change of recipe. They can also be stored in airtight containers and are best served with a tall glass of milk.
Our recipe for rice krispie balls can be modified changing up the chopped pecans for chunky peanut butter for example. You can also try using white chocolate or dark chocolate for the coating on the rice krispie balls.
Be warned, one batch is usually not enough if you have a family and kids who will fall in love with these. So adjust the batch size and chocolate rice krispie balls recipe according to your needs.
Let’s take a look at how to make these delicious rice krispie balls covered in chocolate!
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter.
- 3 tablespoons of soft butter.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- 1 cup of Rice Krispies (Can use branded, store-branded)
- 1/2 cup of chopped or crushed pecans.
- 1 cup of shredded coconut.
- 1 pack of chocolate chips. (Can use plain or white/dark chocolate)
- 1 square of sweet chocolate.
- Using a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients of the balls and place in the refrigerator for approx 30mins until the mixture is cold.
- Using the cold mixture, form balls using your hands and place back in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Using a double boiler, slowly melt together the chocolate chips and sweet chocolate on a low heat stirring continuously.
- Take the rice krispie balls out of the refrigerator and drop the balls into chocolate one at a time to coat.
- Use a fork to make it easier coat evenly all of the balls.
- Once coated, using a tray and parchment paper place all of the balls onto this and freeze to set the chocolate.
- Serve and enjoy delicious chocolate rice krispie balls!
- They can be stored using an airtight container, but be warned they are delicious and won’t last you long