This Ruth’s Chris sweet potato casserole is a copycat of the restaurant version. It’s a layer of creamy sweet potatoes that are topped with the most delicious brown sugar and pecan streusel. This sweet potato casserole is perfect for your holiday meals!
I love Ruth’s Chris version and this one is just as good. It is more a dessert than a side dish, but it’s so good. If you have it for a dessert, add vanilla ice cream and its even a bigger hit!
Ruth’s Chris Sweet Potato Casserole
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans preferred)
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
SWEET POTATO MIXTURE
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes (can use canned to save time, just drain)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs (well beaten)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted (1/2 cup)
- Combine brown sugar, flour, nuts and butter in mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter in a mixing bowl in the order listed. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Allow setting at least 30 minutes before serving.