A big hit! My husband and I made this for our Christmas party the other night and it was fantastic! This fruit salad is with whatever you have on hand. I love carambola (star fruit) and papaya in this salad as well. Bananas are great too, but should be added at the last minute or they will get soft and not look pretty.
– 12 mandarin oranges, divided (for dressing and salad)
– 2 cup strawberries, sliced
– 1 pineapple, cut into bite-size chunks
– 5 kiwi, sliced
– 3 mangoes, cut into bite-size chunks
#Citrus Poppy Seed Dressing
– 1 medium lemon
– 1 lime
– 1/4 cup honey
– 1/2 teaspoon Gourmet Garden Ginger Paste ( You can also use fresh grated ginger if Gourmet Garden Ginger Paste isn’t available )
– 1/2 teaspoon of poppy seeds
How to make it :
1. First of all wash and dry lemon, lime and 2 mandarin oranges. Using a zester or fine grater, zest the washed and dried citrus with then add to 1 cup measuring cup or small bowl and cut each in half and squeeze the juice into the measuring cup, about 1/2 cup juice. When finished, add honey, ginger and poppy seeds to juice mixture and whisk until combined then set aside. If serving later, place in the refrigerator.
2. Prepare remaining fruit. Slice strawberries and kiwi. Section remaining oranges then cut pineapple and mango into bite size chunks. Place fruit in a large bowl. Make sur you pour dressing on top of fruit about 30 minutes before serving. Gently toss to coat.
Serve and enjoy!