- 1 lb very lean ground beef (90%)
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper, divided
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper, divided
- ½ cup corn
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1 can (10.5 oz) tomato soup
- 1 pkg (3 oz) low-fat cream cheese
- ½ cup chopped onion, divided
- 2 cups Mexican-style shredded cheese, divided
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ bag (30 oz bag) frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease or spray a 2 or 2½ quart oblong casserole dish.
Brown ground beef, half of the bell peppers and onion in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Drain fat from pan, reduce heat.
Add the undiluted tomato soup, corn and the cream cheese. Stir until well combined and no chunks of cream cheese are visible. Stir in taco seasoning and 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Turn mixture into prepared pan, spreading mixture evenly across the bottom.
In a separate bowl, combine the defrosted hash browns, the remaining peppers, salt, pepper and remaining 1 cup shredded cheese