6 ounces dry whole grain spaghetti or angel hair pasta
1 pound chicken, (boneless skinless) cut into small pieces
1 tablespoon lemon juice
A little salt and pepper
⅓ cup reduced-fat butter or Smart Balance Light
¼ teaspoon salt
Fresh ground pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
¾ cup white wine, see shopping tip
¼ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
Chives for garnish, optional
1. Prepare the pasta according to package directions. Cook the pasta al dente (not overcooked). Drain and set aside.
2. Sprinkle chicken with 1 tablespoon lemon juice and a little salt and pepper. Coat a large nonstick pan with cooking spray. Add chicken pieces. Cook for about 4 minutes, using a spatula, turn over, stir often and continue to cook for about 3-4 minutes, until chicken is cooked completely. Remove to a plate and set aside.
3. Wipe pan clean and coat with more cooking spray. Melt butter in pan. Add salt, pepper and garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in white wine, chicken broth and lemon juice. Cook over medium-high heat until it starts to boil, turn heat down to medium and continue to cook for about 2-3 minutes until the mixture is reduced to about ¾ cup.
4. Add flour to sauce and whisk until combined. Sauté over medium heat for 1 minute. Mix in cooked chicken and sauté until heated through.
5. To plate each serving: Divide ¾ cup pasta on each plate. Spoon about 1 cup of Chicken Scampi with sauce on top of pasta. Garnish each with chopped chives, if desired.
6. Serve immediately.