- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) Kerrygold butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 cup Gold Medal flour
- 1 cup finely chopped or blended chopped pecans or walnuts
- Cream Cheese Layer:
- 1 1/2 cups Domino powdered sugar
- 12 ounces Philadelphia cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups Borden heavy whipping cream + 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 4 cups Jello chocolate pudding
- Reserved whipped cream and chocolate curls for garnish
For the crust, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the flour in a medium bowl and cut in the butter with a pastry blender or fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the chopped nuts. Press the crust into a 9X13-inch aluminum or glass pan and bake for 8-10 minutes until set. Remove the pan to a wire rack and let it cool completely before proceeding.
For the cream cheese layer, in a medium bowl, combine the heavy whipping cream and 1/4 cup powdered sugar and whip at high speed until stiff peaks form. In another large bowl, whip together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy. Fold in about 3/4 of the sweetened whipped cream and mix until blended, taking care to mix gently so as not to deflate the whipped cream. Set aside both the cream cheese mixture and the remaining sweetened whipped cream.
To assemble, spread the whipped cream cheese mixture over the cooled crust. Top the cream cheese layer with the chocolate pudding, spreading all the way to the edges of the pan. Top with the remaining sweetened whipped cream. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Cut into slices and top with chocolate curls or shaved chocolate, if desired.
Quick Tip: Serve this delicious dessert in small slices as it is very rich