A-MAZING dessert!! I made it for my inlaws and they love it!!! The only difference I made was: adding a mixture of cream cheese and sugar into the middle of the tortilla before the apples. When we tried it, the cream cheese in it was soooooooo delicious! I’ve made it WITH and WITHOUT the cream cheese mixture, and its way better with it!! Also, make sure to cook the enchiladas for a little longer than usual so that it gets a crispier crust. I highly recommend this!!!
To Make this Recipe You’ll Need the following ingredients:
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spoon fruit evenly onto all tortillas, sprinkle with cinnamon. Roll up tortillas and place seam side down on the lightly greased 8×8 baking pan.
- Bring margarine, sugars, and water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly for 3 minutes.
- Pour sauce evenly over tortillas; sprinkle with extra cinnamon on top if desired. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Makes 6 large tortillas; may be cut in half to serve 12.